To stay in the loop with the latest features, news and interviews from the creative community around licensing, sign up to our weekly newsletter here
The Play Creators Awards celebrates designers and inventors in the toy and game community – with two accolades focused on licensed products.
Mojo Nation has unveiled the finalists for this year’s Play Creators Awards.
The Play Creators Awards celebrates designers and inventors in the toy and game community that have excelled over the last 12 months.
Two categories celebrate the craft behind licensed product; finalists in these categories are:
Toy Designer of the Year (Licensed Product)
• Abbie Ellis & Sarah Hurst (hand2mind) – Numberblocks MathLink Cubes Activity Sets (hand2mind)
• Carine Rosalia – CoCoMelon Boo Boo JJ (Jazwares)
• Fuse, BOTI & Eolo Toys – NHL Battle Cubes (BOTI/Eolo Toys)
• Fuse & Spin Master Action Team – Batman Bat-Tech Transforming Batcave (Spin Master)
• Mattel Plush Team – Star Wars Galactic Pals (Mattel)
• Melissa & Doug Design Team – PAW Patrol Rescue Mission Wooden Dashboard (Melissa & Doug)
• Sweet Spot Studio, Versadyne & Fisher-Price Thomas Brand Development Team – Thomas & Friends Launch & Loop Maintenance Yard (Fisher-Price)
• Wow! Stuff R&D Team & Bang Zoom – RealFX Baby Blue (Wow! Stuff)
Game Designer of the Year (Licensed Product)
• Aaron Weil (Mattel) – UNO Ultimate Marvel (Mattel)
• Amanda Birkinshaw (Angelpie) & Richard Heayes (Heayes Design) – Rubik’s Capture (Spin Master)
• The Fantastic Factory – LADBible’s First Impressions (VR Distribution)
• Frederica Scott Vollrath – The Great British Baking Show Game (Ravensburger)
• Lauren Wallace (Ridley’s Games) – Root for Groot (Ridley’s Games)
• Prospero Hall – Rear Window (Funko Games)
• Sam Roberts (So Sound) – Harry Potter Skiving Snackbox Scavenge (Cartamundi)
• Steve Moore (Tantrum Innovation) – Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots: Jurassic World – Blue Vs Atrociraptor (Mattel)
The full list of finalists can be found here.
Winners will be announced at the live Play Creators Awards on Tuesday, September 6th at the Union Ale House within London’s Twickenham Stadium.
Book your tickets here.
Enter your details to receive Brands Untapped updates & news.